Coaching Basics – What can Coaching do for me?
Coaching assists people to:
- Shift from where they are to where they want to be
- Be courageous in choosing a career
- Stay on top of mounting responsibilities
- Take the next big step
- Handle difficult and important relationships
- Recognise that they already have what they need to be who they want to be
Who are the Clients?
People who want assistance to grow and change in order to achieve goals in their personal, business, spiritual, and family areas of life.
What does a Personal Coach do?
- Facilitate the client’s ability to identify and clarify what they most want
- Facilitate the client’s ability to create and develop strategies for how they will achieve their goals
How is coaching different from counselling?
The main difference is the client and how much time is spent focusing on the past compared to the greater amount of time being focused on the future.
How does it work?
The Coach and client develop a working partnership based on trust and respect. A schedule of 45 minute, weekly appointments is set up over a specific period of time (usually six to twelve sessions).